Science on the Go is a professional development program designed to help K-8 educators become more comfortable teaching science through NGSS-aligned lessons that are hands-on, inquiry-based, and incorporate cooperative learning. For more than 25 years, our experienced education staff has been working side-by-side with teachers in classrooms throughout Chicago.
With Science on the Go, you'll invest in:
- A professional development workshop to prepare for classroom implementation
- 9 NGSS-aligned lessons that explore local Life Science content and include materials for all lessons
- 3 lessons taught by a Museum Educator in your classroom
- Models best practices in science education
- Utilizes unique museum resources from our living and preserved collections
- A focused field trip to the Nature Museum including a full bus reimbursement
Registration for the 2017/2018 school year is now closed. Interested in registering for the 2018/2019 school year? Have questions about our current sessions? Please contact our program manager by clicking on the button below or calling 773-755-5100 x 5035 with any questions or for additional information.