The Urban Nature Partnership supports early childhood learning through nature-focused lessons in the classroom, outdoor learning at your school, and nature-based field trips across Chicago.
Teachers in grades K-3 can connect indoor and outdoor learning with support from Nature Museum educators, unique museum resources, environmental education experiences, and locally-focused curricula.
Professional Development Program Highlights
With the Urban Nature Partnership, you'll receive:
- 3 professional development workshops to explore best practices in science inquiry for early childhood students and environmental education principles
- Early childhood curriculum units implemented in the classroom, plus multiple outdoor experiences at school and on field trips
- 4 classroom visits by a museum educator
- 3 indoor lessons
- 1 outdoor lesson
- Model connections between in-classroom and outdoor learning
- Winter field trip to the Nature Museum
- Spring field trip to a nature-focused destination in the Chicago area of your choice
If your school is interested in supporting your early childhood educators with this unique winter/spring partnership, please contact our program manager using the inquiry form below.