Teenagers Exploring and Explaining Nature and Science (TEENS)
Explore nature in the city, learn about college and career paths in natural science fields, and participate in hands-on scientific investigations! Conduct environmental science field and laboratory investigations, and study the nature found in our city's parks, neighborhoods, and forest preserves. Teens develop their own research questions and learn to use mobile devices to collect data in the field and to create and share dynamic online maps of project data, culminating in websites developed to highlight their projects.
Summer Program Dates
-June 26 - August 11
-Monday through Friday, 9:30 am- 2 pm
-Chicago high school student
-Able to attend all program dates
Earn up to $725 for your participation.
- Explore nature in the city and participate in real-world scientific investigations
- Learn about college & career paths in the natural sciences, conservation, and education
- Investigate Chicago’s connections with global conservation issues and how you can participate
- Develop lasting friendships and network with other teenagers from across the city
- Environmental monitoring
- Citizen science projects
- Mobile data collection & digital mapping
Apply online at www.afterschoolmatters.org/teens/apply/ Search keyword "Nature Museum."
For More Information
TEENS is generously supported by After School Matters, US Forest Service-International Programs, The Hive Chicago Fund for Connected Learning at The Chicago Community Trust, and Mid-North Association