Contents tagged with green
Created: 4/16/2013 Updated: 8/10/2016
Every day is Earth Day at the Nature Museum, but during Earth Week, Nature Museum staff and volunteers call attention to the little things we can all easily do to be a little greener. For the members of the Sustainable Initiatives Team at the Nature Museum (SIT), it is yearly tradition to schedule daily, sustainably-minded challenges for all the staff and volunteers to focus on, culminating in a photo each day of all who could participate. This year, staff will be focusing on the following earth-friendly actions during Earth Week:
Waste free day! (Bring your own mug)
Monday, April 22, 2013, Earth Day!:
Green Transit Day
- Use a more sustainable means of transit to work! Bike, walk, use public transit, carpool!
Tuesday, April 23, 2013:
Waste Free Day
- Bring your own mug/bottle and a zero waste lunch (reusable containers welcome!)
Wednesday, April 24, 2013:
Green Cleaning Day
- Make your own green cleaners! Staff and volunteers can learn how to make and use effective sustainable cleaners at the office and at home.
Thursday, April 25, 2013:
- Let’s have an old fashioned Swap Meet! Staff can bring unused or unwanted, gently used clothing from home to trade.
Friday, April 26, 2013:
- Take a few minutes and give and back!
Earth Day is a chance to take a moment and think about the impact we have on our world.
You can follow our daily challenges or create your own! We hope you'll join us in these easy ways to be green, both on the designated days for each practice during Earth Week and whenever you can!
Green Transit Day
For more information on the history and formation of Earth Day please visit: http://www.earthday.org/earth-day-history-movement.
Amber KingView Comments
Assistant Collections Manager