City Nature Challenge: Guided Prairie Walk with the Nature Museum
May 1 | 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree
Join the Nature Museum on a guided tour of the rich ecosystem found in the restored prairie and participate in the City Nature Challenge.
Facilitated 20- minute nature walks at 12pm and 1pm will be followed by an open, self-guided search for as many species as you can find!
Participate all weekend long! Search for wild plants, animals, and more, between April 30 and May 3 to see how many species you can find and show the world how diverse our Chicago region is. Add your observations to iNaturalist and they’ll automatically be included in this national project. Join the project to get updates and hear about events near you.
A smartphone and the iNaturalist app strongly encouraged but not required
All ages are welcome and this program is designed for families with children ages 2 to 8 years old.
Know Before You Go:
- All guests over the age of 2 must wear a face covering unless medically unable.
- If you would like participate in the City Nature Challenge please download the iNaturalist app and create an account via a smartphone.
- Guests must practice social distancing at all times, keeping six feet between your party and others.
- The museum building will not be open, and bathrooms are not available. Please plan and time your visit accordingly.
- If you feel unwell, are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, or have been exposed to or come into close contact with a confirmed [or suspected] case of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Guests should abide by the City of Chicago emergency travel order if they have recently traveled to another state.