What information we collect: PNNM may ask for and collect from you personally identifiable information at various points throughout the Sites. Depending on what services you receive from PNNM (e.g., camp registration), you may be asked to provide your name, gender, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, diet and allergy information, medications, health conditions and emergency contact information.
While our Sites do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals, we do not track your online activity over time across third party websites when you use our Sites, nor do we engage or permit third parties to track your online activity over time and across different Websites when you use our Sites.
How we use and disclose this information: PNNM may use and disclose your information in the following ways:
- To process and respond to inquiries and for the purposes for which you provided the information, such as to process donations, register or renew your membership, provide merchandise, or provide information about a project. In sending us an electronic message, you send us certain personal information (e.g., name and e-mail address). We may store the name and address of the sender in order to respond or otherwise handle the subject of the e-mail.
- To subscribe to distance learning programs: We collect information through our online subscription form in order to provide distance learning programs to educators and to improve our services by learning about the teacher population it serves. All subscription information is kept confidential and is not distributed or sold to others.
- To process membership applications: We collect information from membership applicants to process Museum memberships. This information may be shared with third parties who may have an interest in receiving our membership list information. If you do not want us to share your information, please so indicate at the time you fill out the application.
- We collect and store information for statistical purposes. For example, we may count the number of visitors to the different sections of our site to help us make them more useful to visitors. This information is not personally identifiable and may be processed to improve the functioning of our Sites and understand how the Sites are being used.
- To facilitate participation in chat rooms: PNNM does not collect any personally identifiable information from chat rooms, however, visitors should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, e-mail address) in the chat room, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.
- To alert you to new projects, features, special events and services.
- To provide feedback to PNNM and to conduct surveys to measure your satisfaction with our service.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and PNNM.
- To protect PNNM’s rights or property or the safety of PNNM, our members, or others.
- To comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request.
- To transfer information in the event of a merger, transfer of assets or other organizational restructuring.
- To evaluate our Sites and identify where we should make changes or expand services.
PNNM may use third-party service providers or other third party organizations helping to support PNNM’s mission that may collect, store, or process your personal information, including payment information on PNNM’s behalf, in order for PNNM to provide its services to you or to outsource one or more of the functions described above. PNNM does not share or sell personal information with third parties for their own purposes. PNNM processes your information on servers located in the United States.
Children: The Sites are not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does PNNM knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not use the Sites or submit any personally identifiable information to PNNM.
Security: PNNM is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust, and takes steps to help protect the personal information you provide to us. However, no transmission or electronic storage of information is guaranteed to be secure. We therefore urge you to always use caution when transmitting information over the Internet.