Are you a Chicago high school teacher interested in local sustainability initiatives?
The Nature Museum, Illinois Green Alliance, and Civic ArtWorks are partnering to bring you the second annual EPIC Challenge—a free program for CPS high school teachers and their students this coming Fall/Winter 2018!
Student teams investigate local sustainability issues and community needs, receive in-person and online mentorship from Illinois Green Alliance professionals, and develop community-focused sustainability campaigns. The EPIC Challenge challenge can be integrated into an existing after-school club or help provide the foundation for a new club. Teachers may also choose to use the EPIC Challenge as classroom-integrated service learning project.
- PD Workshops for teachers and ongoing support
- Access to U.S. Green Building Council's Learning Lab curricula
- $150 stipend and PD Clock Hours for teachers
- $150 mini-grants for student campaigns
- Service Learning opportunity for your students
- Challenge Kick-off Event for student teams
- Mentorship from Industry Professionals
- in-person and online mentorship for student teams from city planners, architects, and engineers
- Free access toMunicipal
- civic engagement web app & learning tool
- Top student teams recognized atLimelight
- annual celebration that recognizes achievements in the Illinois sustainability industry
- Thursday, September 27, 2018: Teacher & Mentor PD Workshop 1 (5:30pm-8pm)*
- Thursday, October 18, 2018: Student Kick-off Event (10am-2:30pm)*
- funding available for substitute coverage + transportation
- Monday, November 26, 2018: Teacher PD Workshop 2 (5:30pm-7:30pm)*
- Friday, December 14, 2018: Student Campaigns submitted for judging
- Friday, December 21, 2018: Winners announced
* hosted at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
Apply by clicking the button below. Priority deadline September 10, 2018.
For more details visit epicchallenge.info
This project is generously funded by Hive Chicago Fund for Connected Learning at The Chicago Community Trust.