With After School Science Club, Nature Museum educators work with networks of partner schools to run after school clubs that develop students’ science skills through inquiry-based activities.
Teachers observe museum educators during the first session and then receive materials and a curriculum to run an additional club. All sessions culminate in a field trip to the Nature Museum.
Key elements of the After School Science Club:
- A orientation workshop to become more familiar with the program model and the Nature Museum
- 7 after school lessons that explore local Life Science content and Science and Engineering Practices
- 7 weeks of science club lessons implemented by a Museum Educator in an after school setting
- Models best practices in science education
- Utilizes unique museum resources from our living and preserved collections
- All materials needed to facilitate the 7 lesson science club curriculum for a second group of students
- A culminating field trip to the Nature Museum for participants from all schools
Participation in this program begins with school or district leadership inquiries. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.