You care. Do something. We’ll help.
The Chicago Conservation Corps (C3) empowers Chicagoans to complete neighborhood sustainability and environmental projects that impact and engage communities across the city.
We are C3 Leaders: activists, environmentalists, community organizers, naturalists, volunteers, and professionals starting a movement. We believe that through grassroots sustainability initiatives we can improve the quality of life for all Chicagoans—and spark a lasting change.
As a C3 Leader, you’ll receive unmatched training and support through the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum and our partners. Participants attend a series of classes that explore big picture issues and local solutions, network with peers and sustainability thought-leaders, and practice community organizing skills that empower Chicagoans to make difference.
- WATER – Conserve water, manage storm water, and improve water quality.
- GREEN SPACE – Be a steward of Chicago’s open spaces and learn about our urban ecology.
- WASTE – Recycle, reduce, reuse, and rethink the materials we use every day.
- ENERGY – Use active transportation and increase energy efficiency to lessen impacts on climate.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT – Engage other people and groups in projects that bring out the best in your community.
- PROJECT DEVELOPMENT – Complete a community asset map, manage a budget, make a plan, and carry it out.
All C3 projects have a measurable environmental impact, educational components, and require that you lead a community-based team of peers in planning and completing the project. After training, C3 Leaders develop and implement their own projects with support and professional guidance from Nature Museum staff members and up to $250 in materials to complete their project. Past projects range from community-based campaigns and workshops to outdoor stewardship workdays.
Fall 2022 Sustainability Leadership Training Series
The Chicago Conservation Corps is now recruiting for its Fall 2022 Sustainability Leadership Training Series. Take part in an introduction to the unique, urban environmental challenges Chicago confronts by learning from community and environmental leaders, finding opportunities for change, and then leading a sustainability service project in your community with support and resources from the Nature Museum.
To participate in the training course, you must be an adult Chicago resident, attend an orientation, and submit an application. The Fall 2022 C3 Sustainability Leadership Training will take place online via Zoom on Wednesday evenings (6:15 – 8:45pm) from September 7 – October 26. A $125 fee covers course participation; financial assistance is available upon request.
Attend an orientation to learn more; click the button below or call 773-755-5100 x5277 to reserve a space.
- Wednesday, August 10, 6-7pm
- Thursday, August 11, 6-7pm
- Friday, August 12, 12-1pm
- Monday, August 15, 12-1pm
- Tuesday, August 16, 6-7pm
- Wednesday, August 17, 6-7pm
To be notified of sustainability events, volunteer opportunities, and future training orientations, please sign up for our monthly newsletter.
Please contact email@example.com with further questions.